PCD Logo

SITE MAP  search-label  SEARCH

Became a School to Work Partnership in 1995, through the federal legislation, School to Work Opportunities Act of 1994.

We were one of 55 School to Work Partnerships in Pennsylvania developed during the five years of federal seed money designated to building business education partnerships across the country.

After seed money disappeared, Pennsylvania did not continue School to Work legislation. Many partnerships disappeared and within two years, there were approx 22 partnerships remaining. Over time, we were one of 12 partnerships remaining until the creation of Regional Career Education Partnerships in 2006/2007.

Officially named the Partnership for Career Education in about 1999. The name of the partnership was then changed to the Capital Region Partnership for Career Development in 2005, and a new logo followed.

The first full-time coordinator was hired in February 2006. The Partnership was governed then by a cross-community Steering Committee.

Added full time Program Specialist in September 2007.

The logo changed once again in 2008 to match the look for the new CAIU logo.

Moved to Harrisburg Area Community College Penn Center Building in 2008.

Moved to Capital Area Intermediate Unit, Enola, in 2009.

Officially became a 501(c)3 charitable organization in 2010.

The Partnership actually began as a Resource Center to connect teachers to materials and business contacts and to help students in the process. Things grew and grew and grew…and you know the rest of the story.

The Partnership for Career Development works to build a system of K-12 career education, increase awareness of post secondary training and education opportunities, and strengthen workforce development in the Pennsylvania Capital Region.

PCD-logo-small
55 Miller Street, Enola, PA 17025-1640
Tel.: (717) 732-8480
Fax: (717) 732-8414